Welcome to a new segment on the blog that I call Fact Friday. In this segment each Friday I will be sharing some interesting facts with you. Either going in-depth into a particular topic, or just sharing some random yet interesting facts with you for the day. Hopefully we will both learn something from these fun posts or at the very least you will have something to bring up during the lull in conversation during your weekend gaming sessions.
Here we go with our first Fact Friday….
A list of interesting animal related facts and links to the source material.
- Giraffes have a tongue that is 21 inches long, and just like cows they regurgitate food and chew their cud. Source Link
- The giant pacific octopus mostly lives off of smaller prey like lobsters and fish, but they are also known to have attacked sharks using their sharp beaks. Source Link
- There is a variety of squirrels that gets quite large, the Indian giant squirrel grows to about 3 feet long. Source Link
- A full grown moose can run as fast as 35 mph for a short while, and maintain 20 mph speeds for about an hour. Their young grow fast and within 5 days can outrun a person. Source Link
- Sun bears are the smallest of the bears and are actually nocturnal. Source Link