So once again I am getting a late start on my costuming efforts despite picking out 3 of 4 costume patterns and doing 60% of the material and notion shopping early. Seems that sewing in the nice weather just isn’t my things. If it would just start raining and we had to turn the heater on I am sure I could get into it.
I did get the first 4 steps done on the hubby’s shirt for his steam punk costume. Other then one small cut that went a tad too deep all seems to be going well so far. I have managed to get the front parts on the shirt where the buttons and button holes will someday (hopefully soon) go. There is a certain trick when sewing with white on white paisley pattern to make sure you get the correct side as the “right” side all the time. I think I am good so far, but will double check in the morning when my eyes are not so tired.